BRC-20 Quick Guide | Published May 10, 2023
Note: This is simply a guide for those who are interested in investing in BRC-20 tokens, not recommendation to invest in BRC-20 tokens.
Resources Coingecko for BRC-20 tokens: https://brc-20.io/
Bulk Inscriptions (Mint multiple times fast): https://looksordinal.com/
BRC-20 DEX (coming soon): https://twitter.com/ALEXLabBTC
Smart BRC-20s (Dapps on Bitcoin): https://trustless.computer/
Ordinals NFTs on Metamask: https://generative.xyz/
Short for "Bitcoin Request for Comment," BRC-20 is an experimental framework for building fungible tokens on Bitcoin using Ordinals, the protocol that enables people to mint NFT-like assets on Bitcoin called inscriptions.
In short, you can think of BRC-20 tokens as fungible tokens that live on the Bitcoin network similar to how ERC-20 tokens live on the Ethereum network.
Create a Wallet 1) Go to https://unisat.io/ and download the browser extension from the Chrome Web Store.
2) Select "Create New Wallet", enter a password, and confirm your password.
3) Save your secret recovery phrase somewhere safe, ideally a physical copy (not a word document connected to the cloud).
4) Under Address Type, click Taproot, and continue.
5) Copy your address "bc....." and deposit some BTC into your account
How to Buy BRC-20 Tokens
1) Head to https://ordinalswallet.com/brc20
2) Click on the token you’d like to buy
3) Hit "Buy Now", confirm password.
4) Click "Buy Now" and confirm the transaction.
5) You can view your BRC-20 tokens here: https://ordinalswallet.com/wallet
For the experimenters, you can create your own BRC-20 token here: https://unisat.io/inscribe